Do you lose focus while swinging your club?
Do you lack intensity while running hills?
Do you feel anxiety before a tournament?
Do you lack positive self-talk?
Do you need better concentration skills?
Individual Consulting Sessions are for clients interested in improving their “mental toughness”, learning about sport psychology, using mental training skills and/or gaining personal motivational coaching assistance to improve performance (sport, professional, music, academic, etc. ) and accomplish their goals and dreams.
- Psychological skills training (PST) refers to the systematic and consistent practice of mental or psychological skills for the purpose of enhancing performance, increasing enjoyment, or achieving greater self-satisfaction (Weinberg & Gould, 2014).
- Psychological skills can be learned but must be practiced and integrated.
- Most elite professional and Olympic athletes state that they spend 50% of their time on physical training (nutrition, strength, sport) and 50% mental training (PST Skills).
- Breathing Techniques
- Focus/Concentration Strategies
- Goal Setting
- Positive Self Talk (Thought Stopping)
- Rehearsal (Pre-performance routine)
- Confidence Building
Would you like to be mentally tough?
- Mental toughness is an athlete’s ability to focus, rebound from failure, cope with pressure, and persist in the face of adversity. It is a form of mental resilience (Gould & Weinberg, 2014).
Don’t measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability.
~ John Wooden